Tax advice business

Tax advice business

In your business a lot of international transactions take place and you would like to know how this affects the turnover tax (BTW). You are starting up a business and need tax advice on the available Dutch business structures. Your company based in another country does business in The Netherlands and you want to make sure whether it is liable to any Dutch taxation. You want to employ people from abroad and would like to confirm that they qualify for the 30% ruling. This is where our tax advice can help you.

In the immensely complex international tax legislation often more questions come up than you care to recount. Whether you have a brief question or an extensive fiscal problem, our experts will provide you with an answer. Best results are obtained if you contact us for tax advice as early as possible when the situation still can be optimized.

For international companies not only Dutch tax law is relevant, but also tax laws in other nations and international tax treaties. This causes complicated situations, but at the same time opens up opportunities for international tax advice and tax planning. In order to avoid double taxation for example it is important that participation exemption applies to the income earned from the foreign subsidiaries.

Do you have a dispute with the Tax Office and do you need professional assistance? J.C. Suurmond & zn. Tax consultants does not hesitate to take over your case and defend your interests by appeal to the Tax Office and if necessary up to the High Court.

Example situations of business tax advice

You are planning to move to the Netherlands from the UK. Your plan is to commence an advisory business with international clients and keep working for your current UK employer in addition. You are looking for some tax/legal advice in relation to your situation.

It is certainly possible to immigrate to NL, commence a business and work for a UK employer in addition. It may be easier to rule out double taxation by invoicing your UK employer from your business and consequently cease to be taxable in the UK. The UK employer may also prefer this rather than having to start running an NL payroll. If you have not lived in NL before you should consider the 30% ruling; it is however important to follow the procedure in the right order.

You and your husband both run a company in France. Your husband issues only one or two invoices a month and you on average 15 per month to customers in the EU. You both have considerable savings. You are considering relocating to the Netherlands. You are looking for a tax consultant who could help you in choosing the best legal structures for your respective companies (also considering your savings), who could help you set them up in the Netherlands, and who could run your daily accounting too.

We would be happy to give you tax advice regarding your possible relocation to NL. Some initial questions would be: where do you live in France and have you lived in NL before? Would you both have EU nationality? If you have worldwide assets setting up a B.V. in The Netherlands could be a good step. since this might qualify you for the 30% ruling

You are new to the Netherlands but have an online business established in the US. You want to know if it is possible to move your company to the Netherlands and what will be the best type of company to register.

It would be interesting to see if the 30% ruling is possible. In that case, it is important if, when, and how long you may have already lived in the Netherlands. Another important question is whether you have already registered with the municipality. We would also need to know whether your US company is a separate entity that can pay out dividends. In that case, are you currently receiving a salary from the company? What level of revenue would the company generate? If we have your answers we are happy to give you specific business tax advice.


– ?  –


– ? –


– ? –

Who are Suurmond Tax Consultants

Since 1986 accounting and corporate tax advice in relation to establishing a company or branch in The Netherlands is one of our many expertises we provide to our business clients.

In addition, we can also assist in a variety of other cross-border situations. We will ensure you are compliant as well as pay no more tax than needed. Examples include advising clients as to working abroad, taxation of pension and property tax, and amnesty ruling. We file all types of tax returns and specialise for example in the 30% ruling and 183-day rule consequences. The value we can add by offering our fiscal advice, is a key focus point to us. Also, what should not be overlooked, is the fact that a correct tax return will prevent future issues and penalties. This is essential when setting up business in a new country. 

suurmond belastingadviseurs internationaal belastingadvies inkeerregeling belastingaangifte emigreren


J.C. Suurmond & zn. Belastingadviseurs
Zwarte Zee 100
3144 DE Maassluis
T: +31 (0)10-3033701


General information

CoC register: 27224918
VAT: NL 8016.36.668.B.01
Tax consultant number: 330826


 